Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sleeping With Dogs

We had two to three inches of snow fall yesterday in Boulder; but I know they had a foot or so fall higher up, in the ski areas...  The streets are clear of snow, but there is a lot of ice on the roads. I'm at Finn's until 2 this afternoon, then I'll take a cab home (I think).  The last time I called for a cab, I was told the wait was 90 to 120 minutes, so I ended up walking.  If the wait is that long today, I'll take the bus, which will take me over an hour, but doesn't cost anything.  
   It's supposed to be in the mid-40s (F) today, but breezy, and sunny tomorrow.  But then we've got more snow coming in Tuesday, with a high less than freezing.  I'll be at Rosie's starting Tuesday, and her owners have offered to pick me up if the weather is really nasty.  So I'll have a car through the weekend, and can finish my Christmas shopping.  I also need to move the furniture around in the living room/dining room area - need to put the boot tray next to the door, which means moving the small cabinet that stands there now.  But I have to be certain there's still enough room for Beatrice to set up her massage table in the same area...
   It'l be nice to spend two nights with my kitties before heading over to Rosie's.  Sleeping with a large dog is a very different experience than sleeping with two rather small cats each night.  I had to leave the bed for a quick bathroom visit this morning, and then had to wake Finn up and get him off the bed entirely, just so I could get back in, under the covers...  It's amazing how a 60 pound dog can spread across a queen size bed.  Rosie usually just spreads across the bottom, and I can manage to lie diagonally across the bed - Finn just sprawls everywhere.
   I need to send out a few Christmas cards, and three small packages, and then I'm finished with the Christmas crazies.  And I have decided to be foolish and have my first decorated tree in 19 years.  I saw several tiny trees in a lot near the apartment, so I hope to get one either this morning or Tuesday.  I have a few small ornaments, and we'll probably make a small ring garland, and possibly a popcorn string....  I'll make something to go on top, too.

1 comment:

mary said...

Hahaha! Try sharing a queen bed with a pittie (55 lb), boxer amstaff mix (83 lb) and a very pushy kitty! Makes you wonder how they can take up THAT much room!