Friday, December 2, 2016

Snow!

We're having our second snow fall of the fall - it'd been falling steadily here in Boulder since 9 a.m., and is forecast to end about 9 tonight.  Our high temperature for the day was 31 degrees (F), but there is very little accumulation on the ground.  There is about a half-inch on the chairs, table and hot-tub cover here at Rosie's, but the road is clear of snow, though the driveway isn't.  I am staying at Rosie's until Sunday night, when her family returns.
   I, once again, had to laugh and shake my head over a client - both yesterday and today.  She called me up, asking if I could send something to her via overnight express shipping at 5 yesterday evening.  But she wanted to receive it before 5 p.m. today.  I told her I couldn't do it.  So she tracked down several other friends of hers, who, also, could not accommodate her.  She called me back at 9:30 last night, and explained that she'd be staying at Disneyland, and she needed to receive the package before she arrived.  (It's a legal herbal supplement around the world.)  I asked why she couldn't receive it at her Disney hotel?  Oh!   She hadn't thought of that...  So, at 10:30 last night, she texts me the details of where they're staying at Disney - I was in bed.
   This morning, I went to her home and picked up the small plastic tub that weighed 8 ounces.  I took it to FedEx and sent it off to Disneyland.  I could have the package delivered before 10 a.m. tomorrow, before noon tomorrow, or before 10 a.m. Monday.  The client is leaving Monday for Mexico, and she wanted it immediately.  The costs for the three deliveries were:  $119, $74, or $56.  I chose the $74 one with delivery by noon tomorrow (Saturday).  I paid this out of my own pocket, with a reimbursement promised by the client.  Thank goodness I had enough to cover the cost, as I had just paid my rent and all other bills due...
   Tomorrow Beatrice and I plan on hanging our icicle lights from the balcony, and deciding how to put up the colored lights.  She wants to put up the multi-colored rope light over the sliding glass door, but I think we'll need Mike and his trusty electric screwdriver to place the screwed holders into the concrete-board siding.  I had a very hard time driving nails in, and so did Mike, the last time we put things up out there....    And we're expecting an Arctic front Monday night through Wednesday, with highs in the teens and lows in the single digits, with lots of snow!  Got my plants in off the balcony this afternoon, in preparation for that.
   I hope that all of you have a great weekend, where ever you live!

No comments: