Friday, June 16, 2017

All The Craziness

I keep getting caught up in the increasingly crazy news stories that seem to be happening every day, and, trying to keep up with the facts, I'm spending more time watching "Breaking News" on the 24-hour news stations than anything else...  Apparently I'm truly addicted to it, as I'm fascinated by the stories, and I want to know more, but I am also bored with them at the same time.  A conundrum.
  Attorney General Jeff Sessions almost had an old fashioned spell of the vapors while being questioned by Senator Kamala Harris during his testimony.  AG Sessions, being a true Southern boy, hesitates between every word, and tries to explain every word he uses.  The Senators were given only 5 minutes in which to ask their questions and receive answers. The AG tried to only answer one question, by spinning out his answer, and then, when the Senator interrupted him, said that she was making him "nervous and unable to think clearly."  Sessions is a well-known bigot and I believe that a great part of his reluctance to answer the Senator's questions had quite a lot to do with the fact that she is (a) African-American, and (b) female.  The man is a squirmy worm that wishes he lived in the 18th century, when he would have been lord and master of all he viewed...
   The very next morning, the shooting attack on the House Republican baseball practice occurred.  I am personally sorry for all the fear and pain caused by the shooter, and I hope all the victims recover and can live full lives.  Seemingly, the shooter hated 45 and felt the Republicans were responsible for the chaos that this administration has caused. I believe that, also, but I don't think taking a rifle and shooting House members was the way to protest.  (The Democrats won the game last night, 11 to 2.)
  I was pretty groggy watching the news about the shooting, as I had been up for several hours in the early morning.  When I'm sleeping at home, and not house-sitting, Lovey sleeps in the bed with me.  Lovey is my 13-pound brown tabby cat, who has razor sharp claws.  If I'm sleeping on my back, she sleeps on either one of my shoulders, effectively "pinning" me down (in her mind).  I was sleeping on my back early that morning, with Lovey asleep on my left shoulder.  She apparently had a nightmare, and launched herself across my face, onto my desk, and then head-first into the closed window.  She then looked wildly around and fled under the bed.  At least one of her feet had landed on my left cheek - and I touched the spot to see if I was bleeding.  It was bleeding, so I sat up for a couple of seconds, then walked the 20 feet into my bathroom and turned on the light.  I certainly wished I hadn't.  Blood was literally pouring down my face, under my chin, down my neck, between my breasts, and down to my navel, where it was then cascading to the floor and leaving a huge puddle.  I wanted to laugh hysterically, but I grabbed a huge wad of toilet paper and applied pressure to my cheek instead.  It took five minutes to get the cut to stop bleeding profusely.  Then I examined myself and found I had one small scratch under my eye socket, the very deep, but only 1/3 inch-long bleeder next to my nose, and a very small puncture two inches left of my mouth.  I had to awaken my roommate for first aid assistance, because when I took my glasses off, I couldn't see my face, and I had to have the glasses off to clean the cuts...  And I applied so much pressure to stop the bleeding that my face is still bruised and swollen around the cut today.  We cleaned it out with alcohol and then hydrogen peroxide; placed antibiotic ointment on it, and then a BandAid.  Took a while to get back to sleep after that.
   And I'm frustrated because I keep missing Clint Watts' appearances on MSNBC...  I'd love to hear his take on all the craziness.

No comments: