Thursday, February 1, 2018

Cleaning

I have never claimed to be a "good housekeeper" - if I did, all of my friends, associates, and family would be rolling on the floor, laughing hysterically.  Both of my parents were folks who "held on to things", just in case they might become useful again.  We were a family of "pile its" -  we piled books and magazines over there, and pieces of wood in the utility room, and we had a closet full of clothes that were out of style.  Our house wasn't spotless, but it was clean.  The only thing was, that growing up, I never saw Mom clean anything, other than the dishes, after we ate.  My sister and I were in charge of vacuuming the house on Saturdays, and making our beds up every day.  That was it.  Mom washed and waxed the floors and dusted while I was away at school, or outside playing. 
   We vacuum the apartment every week, do laundry when we have a load, and wash dishes after every meal.  I clean the kitty litter boxes every morning.  I shower daily.  I dust my computer daily, and I clean the monitor and keyboard every two weeks.  I thought I was keeping my keyboard clean.  I broke a nail the other day, and I sat down at my desk to clip my nails. A tiny piece popped away, and landed between keys on my keyboard.  I couldn't get it to blow out, so I decided to use the nail-cleaner attached to the clippers.
    Oh, my word!  I ended up with over two handfuls of cat fur, not to mention crumbs, dandruff, and tons of dead skin dust....  Horrors!  I'm still pulling small tufts of cat fur from between keys, as the stuff gradually works loose.  It's amazing, and I'm appalled at how stupid I was to think that the fur never accumulated in the keyboard....   Well - live and learn.   I'm still learning new things at the age of 61 - and I hope to continue to learn new things until I die!

No comments: