Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Voice Recognition

I walked out into the kitchen a few minutes ago, to re-fill my juice (having slightly over-peppered my breakfast), and paused as I heard a voice I know coming from the television.   Beatrice, my room mate, was watching television, and I asked, "Do I hear Mark Warner?," and she said, "Yes."  That made me think about voice recognition...
   Growing up, Mom and Dad's voices always meant comfort.  I grew to recognize the voices of the Presidents during their terms of office, and I always could say who was giving the news - especially Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.  After a year of the 45th administration, I recognize the voices of Senators, Congressional Representatives, ex-FBI and ex-CIA agents, and I really delight in hearing the sound of the voice of Richard Painter, George W. Bush's ethics lawyer.
   I still recognize the voices of  certain stars of stage and screen - mostly from the 1930s through the mid-1970s.  That's where I remember most singers and musical groups from, too - even though I was born in 1956.  I have disconnected from the movies, television, and music since about 1980.  I enjoy a few television shows - mostly Australian, British and Canadian - and a very few movies.  And, being in my early 60s, I now shudder at 99% of today's "music."
   In any event, it's always nice to be able to hear voices of reason on MSNBC....

No comments: