Tuesday, July 17, 2018

21 Statements From Helsinki

Newsworthy and noteworthy statements made by the 45th President in the press conference at Helsinki, Finland while with Vladimir Putin....

1.   "I'm here today to continue the proud tradition of bold American diplomacy.  From the earliest days of our republic, American leaders have understood that diplomacy and engagement is preferable to conflict and hostility."
   'Bold' is about taking strategic chances with a clear plan in mind.  'Bold' is not what he is,said, or did at anytime he was in Europe the past week.

2.   "But our relationship has never been worse than it is now.  However, that changed as of about four hours ago.  I really believe that."
   Never mind the cyber war against the United States, the election tampering, the recent indictments, or the poisoning of persons in Great Britain.  The President feel that he made everything better by sitting and talking with the KGB-trained leader of our greatest adversary.

3.   "I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics."  
   His best statement, period.  But then he goes on to deny any Russian interference in US elections.

4.   "I addressed directly with President Putin the issue of Russian interference in our elections.  I felt this was a message best delivered in person.  Spent a great deal of time talking about it.  And President Putin may very well want to address it, and very strongly, because he feels very strongly about it, and he has an interesting idea."
   Putin denied the meddling allegations, and again wanted the US to join Russia in a "combined cyber-spy-war" group against tampering anywhere...  What a joke!

5.   "Well, actually, I called him a competitor.  And a good competitor he is.  And I think the word 'competitor' is a compliment."
   This was the US President correcting a Russian reporter, who said 45 had called Putin an adversary.

6.   "But we have lots of sources now and the United States is much different than it was a number of years ago when we weren't unable to extract what we could extract today.  So today we're number one in the world at that, and I think we'll be out there competing very strongly."
   'Weren't unable to extract'?  -  What the heck are you babbling about?

7.   "I hold both countries responsible.  I think that the United States has been foolish.  I think we've all been foolish.  ...  And I think we're all to blame."
   A response that will live in infamy - that was 45's answer to a direct question of,  'Do you hold Russia at all accountable for anything in particular?'  Not a single word about hacking, elections, e-mails, or anything....

8.   "There was no collusion at all.  Everybody knows it.  And people are being brought out to the fore.   So far that I know, virtually none of it related to the campaign.   And now they're going to have to try really hard to find somebody that did relate to the campaign."
   So thirty-plus indictments and the guilty pleas of his campaign National Security adviser and his campaign deputy chairman are not related to the campaign?

9.   "That was a clean campaign.  I beat Hillary Clinton easily.  And, frankly, we beat her - and I'm not even saying from the standpoint - we won that race."
    The 2016 election ended 616 days ago.  And he lost the popular vote by over three million.

10.   "As you know, the whole concept of that came up perhaps a little bit before, but it came out as a reason why the Democrats lost an election which, frankly, they should have been able to win, because the Electoral College is much more advantageous for Democrats, as you know, than it is to Republicans."
   Why would Putin know, or care?  And the election is long over....

11.   "We won the Electoral College by a lot: 306 to 223, I believe.  And that was a well-fought  -  that was a well-fought battle.  We did a great job."
    Why discuss the Electoral College in Helsinki?

12.   "But just to say it one time again - and I say it all the time - there was no collusion.  I didn't know the President.  There was nobody to collude with.  There was no collusion with the campaign."
     Just a note:  You don't have to know a specific person to be guilty of collusion.

13.   "And every time you hear all of these, you know, 12 and 14 - it's stuff that has nothing to do - and, frankly, they admit these are not people involved in the campaign."
    What in the world is he talking about?

14.   "We ran a brilliant campaign, and that's why I'm President."
     We know - you've been President for too long, already...

15.   "One little thing I might add to that is the helping of people. Helping of people.  Because you have such horrible - if you see - and I've seen reports, I've seen pictures, I've seen just about everything."
    Helping people?  Who?  Asylum-seekers?  Children?  The poor?  Veterans?  -  What a hoot!

16.   "Well, our militaries do get along.  In fact, our militaries actually have gotten along probably better than our political leaders, for years."
      Really?  You don't say! 

17.   The Associated Press' Jonathan Lemire asked, "Just now, President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016.  Every US intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did.  What - who - my first question for you, sir, is who do you believe?"  45's response: "So let me just say that we have two thoughts.  You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server - haven't they taken the server.  Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee?"
     Again, where the heck did that come from?

18.   "My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it's Russia.  I have President Putin; he just said it's not Russia.  I will say this:  I don't see any reason why it would be."
    The US President believes the Russian KGB President and not any US intelligence sources.  That terrifies me.

19.   "What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked at the DNC?  Where are those servers? They're missing; where are they?"
    Suddenly, 45 is back playing with AP's Lemire's question.  Imran Awan pleaded guilty earlier this month to making a false statement on a bank loan application.  The US government admitted at that time that Awan never stole information from the DNC servers, or the servers themselves.  45 is trying to misdirect attention again.

20.   "So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."
     -  But he believes Putin....   Uh-huh.  -

21.   "It would have come out long ago."
      The explanation that Russia has nothing compromising on he, himself, is because they would have "used it against him" and aired it to the world before now....
  (But not if he's still dancing to the Russian tune!)

No comments: