Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Raccoons visit; Boulder Creek refreshing

The kits awakened me this morning around 1 a.m., mainly by running across my body to get to the window quickly. The four raccoons were back visiting - and they were able to chow down on a few peanuts the squirrels hadn't finished. The 'coons sat on the patio and chattered for about 30 minutes, then headed over toward the dumpster for Millenium Harvest House. I hope they found an adequate meal. I went back to bed, Lovey decided to sleep in the desk chair, and Banichi opted for the patio look-out chair.

I had my photo taken yesterday so I can send it out my friends and family - I hope it doesn't scare you too much. I'll probably send it around in a day or two... along with a few other selected photos.

I was out walking at 5:30 this morning, and having gotten over-heated yesterday, I stopped several times along the Boulder Creek Path and splashed my face and neck with water. Golly, it's cold - but refreshing! Even though we're expecting another day in the upper-90s, one can still see snow on the mountaintops of the front range; they look cool and remote against the blue sky. The crows and ravens flew with me for a little bit this morning - then decided I wasn't very interesting, I guess... They all flew to the northwest in a big flurry about 6:15. My small feathered friends (the sparrows, finches, chickadees and nuthatches) are creating a tiny riot out on the patio, and Ricky has already made his visit. I guess it's time to go to work....

No comments: