Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dirt Baths

It's nearly 40 outside, we're expecting highs in the mid-60s, the Chinook winds are due to start up later this morning, and we're under a Red Flag for high fire danger... The kits are having a ball this morning; and yesterday evening, when I returned home, as soon as I opened the back door, both Lovey and Banichi ran out and dove into the dirt - getting a glorious covering of dirt, dust, and dried grass (which they promptly rubbed all over me). The Colorado Horse Exposition is having its last day down at the Western Stock Show complex in Denver - and I am pooped. I haven't really done anything to become so tired - I just am.

I received a late night/early morning instant message this morning around 1 a.m.; a client was trying to make flight arrangements and suddenly realized that he hadn't made arrangements for the care of the rest of the family. Since I happened to be available that weekend, he was able to make secret get-away plans for their anniversary... A possible relative contacted me regarding a shared family name, and I did what I call a "quick and dirty fast look", and found that we are not related. The young lady seems to be fascinated and wants me to tell her how I found the information... once I start explaining it, she'll probably be bored to tears.

The smaller birds are flocking to the feeders this morning, and squirrels have been visiting since 7. Banichi is apparently getting a kick out of the weather, for he's been racing along the fence line frequently. (Yesterday evening, he and Lovey played chase for over an hour, and each trip involved each of them jumping onto, and then off of, me...) And on the 18th, I go back to any photo that takes my fancy - I still have a few of Ireland left. Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments: