Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ginger, Max and Sammy

The sun is shining, and it looks like some grass is trying to sprout in my back yard, where Banichi was rolling in dust 2 weeks ago. I walked in Longmont this morning, and had a good time, other than the fact that the area in which I'm staying is so built up... There are winding sidewalks for walking, but just a few birds, and I saw no other wildlife - not even a squirrel. The kits were excited to have me arrive home this morning - mainly because Lovey insisted she was starving, and that the can of special treat that she and Banichi received yesterday afternoon at 3 should not be considered as "food" at all....

I spent most of yesterday evening with a large black and white long-haired cat draped across my shoulders, and two fluffy little dogs in my lap. I read aloud to them, and we watched CSI: Miami, and I caught up on news with some friends via e-mail... having use of a lap-top on a side table was a big plus last night. Tonight I have a full CBS line-up to watch, as well as the computer, and my reading, to keep me entertained. Every two hours I take the dogs out - their house was built on a hill; the front door is one step up; their fenced back yard is accessed via a sliding-glass door, crossing the deck, and proceeding down 20 steps to the ground. The dogs are elderly, mostly deaf, partly blind, and can go down the stairs, but cannot climb back up... so I go down and scoop one up under each arm and bring them back inside after they've been out for 5 to 10 minutes (and if it's snowing, they get to "go" on the deck, so there won't be any slips or falls).

I will shortly be taking off to walk the Irish kids... I'm not sure about the next two days because the weather folks are predicting one to three inches of snow tomorrow... I'll need to see when and where and how it falls before deciding about taking the Rs out into it. Rosie has been doing exceedingly well in her walking program, strengthening her hind leg. Unfortunately, we over-did it last week, and she couldn't jump into bed one evening, so we are cutting back on the running and will just walk for the next couple of weeks, until her leg isn't giving her any problems once more. Enjoy this week! (We are expecting more snow this weekend! Oh boy!!!)

No comments: