Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sloshed

I have sloshed my brain once more. I had a very nice walk this morning, and walked with care over the few icy patches that were on the sidewalks and pathway. There was a bank of clouds to the east, so the sun rose with stretches of orange and red 'flags' around it. It was above freezing, and so melting snow was running across roads and walkways. I finished my walk, and stepped into the grocery store about 6:30 - I chatted with my friends who work in the Deli and Bakery, grabbed some Coca-Cola, a bagel, and some kitty treats and left the store. I admit I was looking at the sky, and hitching my shopping bag further up onto my shoulder... I was not looking at the sidewalk there where the indoor-outdoor rug ends... next thing I knew, I was flat my back on the sidewalk, my left hand wedged under the permanent (welded in place) trash can, and my head was aching from crashing against the said trash can. Then I realized my left (bad) knee was also sore, and found that it was jammed up against the brick corner of the storefront. I think the worst thing was realizing that I had fallen onto the spot where everyone tosses their cigarette butts - I had to remove at least 10 from my jacket and jeans, once I was able to pull myself to my feet. And there were no witnesses - it was a quiet Sunday morning, there was no movement in the parking lot, and everyone inside was busy doing their jobs - so no one saw me slip, fall, and nearly knock myself out.... Hopefully the rest of the day will be better!

Thanks to the sun and warmth of yesterday, the 16+ inches of snow in the back yard has melted down to about 7 inches near the patio; and over by the aspens next to the privacy fence, there is actually about a square yard of wet dirt to be seen. We are expecting highs near 50 today, with lots of sun - but have another storm coming in tonight... Tomorrow is expected to be very chilly and windy and we're supposed to have light snow showers. We'll see.

I received a panic call this weekend - one of my clients has to travel for work, unexpectedly, so I'll be in Longmont Monday evening through Thursday afternoon. I'll come back to the kits for several hours each day, as well as walking the Irish kids, but otherwise, I'll be with Ginger, Max, and Sammy. - And I'll have the use of their mama's car! - I'll also have access to the internet, so I will be content... Have a good Sunday!

No comments: