Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow, Glorious Snow!

Hehehehehehehehe!!! I am the Wicked Witch of Winter! There is 14 inches of snow piled up at the edge of my patio; we have experienced white-out conditions off and on all afternoon; the city of Denver closed at 2 p.m. (I'm not sure that Boulder - city or county - ever opened); the news team that started at 5 a.m. was broadcasting up until 2 p.m., when the evening news people replaced them at the desk - nothing but news on local stations all day. Unfortunately, the foul weather has caused a lot of accidents, including one 30 vehicle pile-up in northern Colorado, near Fort Collins and the Wyoming state line; and a 50 vehicle pile-up was just reported on I-76, closing it in both north and south directions, just outside of Denver. Most of the roads into and out of Boulder have been closed due to ice and blizzard conditions, and/or accidents blocking the road, throughout the day. Emergency centers have been set up in Boulder, Broomfield, and Denver for those people who are stuck and can't make it home....

I have just re-filled the feeders for a second time today; and there was a large flock of half-frozen robins in a corner of my patio, so I minced up a package of dried fruit for them - almost nothing is left, and as the snow has tapered off for a few minutes, most of my feathered visitors have departed...

No comments: