Monday, March 23, 2009

Some Kind of Precip Fell...

It's a nice cloudy morning. Our day's high was at 1 after midnight, and was 54; it's now 42, and with north and northwesterly winds blowing at 15 to 30 mph, this afternoon should be a little cooler. (Yesterday our high was 79 degrees.) When I turned out the light at 1 this morning, we had not had any type of precipitation; when I got up to walk at 5:30, the ground was wet, there were droplets on cars, and the pavement was puddled in some places. The radar loop this morning indicated what fell was a combination of rain and snow - but I'm right on the borderline (usually) between the two, so I don't know what fell - other than the fact that it was wet.

Lovey and Banichi seem to be enjoying the slightly cooler air, and Lovey has firmly placed muddy paw prints all across my chest and lap this morning. Since I didn't know exactly what the weather would do, I filled the bird feeders and put out nuts for the squirrels last night at dusk. The critters have been visiting in great numbers, and I've already had to replenish the peanuts. I was scheduled to visit Ooch through Saturday, but I contacted his Mom last night to verify the days, and there's been a change in their plans, so I'm not needed... I can stay at home all day today! Lovey and Banichi were happy to have me back last night - they both perched upon me and were not happy when I had to displace them to visit the bathroom. Lovey slept under the covers and inside my nightgown last night and this morning; while Banichi was stretched out and snuggled up to my side on top of the blanket.

Not much else going on here.... Ward Churchill, the ex-CU professor, is expected to take the stand today in his civil trial against the U.... A wolverine has been spotted in the Sierras of California, and there is hope that they will re-introduce themselves to some of their old habitat... This past week, we've been treated to the sight of the International Space Station passing overhead between 8 and 9 p.m. ... And I'm having fun digging into the family's connection with John of Gaunt and Katherine Swynford.... Have a good week!

No comments: