Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Short Blog

Yesterday afternoon was a disaster - Banichi ate something that caused him to vomit, salivate excessively and hyperventilate for 90 minutes. I wiped away the drool and checked his lips, mouth, tongue and throat with a pen light, but could not find any damage... while checking on his breathing, my PC crashed (completely) with a Trojan Horse and a Mal virus (actually 9 of them, altogether)... so I'm having to "recover" all my programming from the beginning. And I did have my Virus protector, shield, and firewall ON.... don't know what happened. Three nice things happened in the late afternoon, evening, though: Banichi seemingly recovered; the Cheyenne episode had Sugarfoot and Bronco Lane in it; and I got to let off steam and worry by calling my friend Kathryn and telling her all about how pitiful I felt.

Brother-in-law Jim Snow ran in the Boston Marathon yesterday; his bib number was 21234, and he finished the race in 4 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds. He finished 141st in his division (non-pro, aged 65 - 69), and 20,112th over all. Jim had been working so hard to get to and stay at a 4 hour and 15 minute finish time... between the bot flies in his calf muscle and the swelling of his right arm and hand (cause still unknown), he's been a little slower than he'd like. But, considering that he started running at age 60 and will celebrate his 66th birthday in September, I think he's done a terrific job!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to restore my PC to its' former self and will be able to post photos and blog more later... Gotta run! (Blogging from Kathy and Jim's this a.m.) Take care and watch out for nasty bugs!!!

No comments: