Monday, April 6, 2009

A new week; computer gaming

The sun is shining fiercely this morning; it seems as if it wants to melt the snow left on the ground before ten o'clock. Yesterday morning's snow had melted before lunch, and then we had about a two-hour snow fall in the evening. The evening snow was very wet, and even after two hours did not cover the ground completely; the yard is less than 50% covered right now. It's 27 out, and the kits have been chasing each other in and out; they had a major confrontation early this morning - I don't know who started it, but they are now best buddies again. Today I start walking the Irish kids 5 days a week, weather permitting, for the rest of the month. Gee - it'll be like having a real job; I hope I can hold up under the pressure!

Not much is going on here - I need to make a deposit at the bank, and send a package of to my friends in Gainesville. ...I am thoroughly enjoying reading Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman, and am looking forward to beginning the series by James Rollins. ... We are supposed to warm up to the 50s and 60s this week, with a possible rain shower Wednesday. The Rockies opening home game will take place this Friday - and it looks to be in the 60s and sunny, so the baseball fans are excited. ... I am finding out that I'm a half-way decent gamer on the computer - at least in Mafia Wars and The Age of Chivalry. If only life were so easy - I'd be extremely rich; of course, I'd also be on the FBI's Most Wanted list - so I'm happy it's just a game. My friend Michael encouraged me to start playing Mafia Wars; and I joined his Family, while he joined mine. A gamer known as Don Kersey took all my assets and kicked my butt during my initiation period, and Michael (who has been playing for almost a year) now attacks him several times a day and wipes out his businesses and assets. (I have a protector! - At least in Mafia Wars!)

But I'm not having as much success in The Age of Chivalry - I have a Family of 14 in MW, but only have a band of 4 in AC. So I need a few more warm bodies - if you are a member of FaceBook, or want to play either game with me, please let me know! Once you join FaceBook and let me know, I'll send you an invitation to jooin my band. You can join FaceBook and ignore all the crazed drivel, and just game - or just send messages to those friends whom you wish to contact.... I'm about to e-mail my niece and nephew, who belong to FaceBook, just to see if they'll sign up for The Age of Chivalry, even if they never play it - that way I'll have more bodies in my band... I find it relaxes me, playing these two games....

No comments: