Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tortillas and squirrels

I got carried away walking the Irish kids yesterday - we walked up to the North Boulder Dog Park and visited Suki and Boo on the way back - but we were gone for over two hours. It was a beautiful day, and today promises to be the same... This morning my knees and one ankle are complaining, but we'll still be out there walking today - unless I over-did it for Rosie (which I sincerely hope did not happen!)... The sun rose through tattered cirrus clouds while I was out walking earlier and is now smiling down upon us. The front range peaks are covered in glittering snow, while the Flat Irons look as if they've been in a tremendous snow ball fight - there are spots of snow everywhere, but no full cover. And I've been a 'bad girl" - I've been out of my medications since Sunday.... I'm picking up the re-fills on my way t0 the Rs, and will take today's dose as soon as I get them.

While I can no longer feed the outside critters, the people who live above me have started tossing out whole slices of bread and 10-inch tortillas into the back yard to feed the squirrels. I laughed myself silly on Monday watching a squirrel gather up a tortilla, run across the yard with it (dropping it twice along the way), and struggle to climb the fence while carrying this wadded up piece of bread. The squirrel then sat on top of the fence post and stuffed itself. Meanwhile, another squirrel had wrestled a whole slice of bread to another post and was consuming it. My kits had a boxing match while I was dressing this morning - then Lovey got behind the door and started a swiping war with Banichi through the hinge crack... they are wonderfully entertaining companions!

No comments: