Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Cool Morning

It's another gorgeous morning - the temperature was 46 when I arose, but the humidity is 93%, so it does feel a little chilly out. I've taken Suki and Boo out for their morning walk, and we've all had breakfast. After I walk Rosie and Remy around 9, I'll pack up and head for my kits, and two weeks of sleeping in my own bed. We had a thunderstorm roll through around 7:30 last night, but no rain reached the ground at all. And Boo has suddenly decided, at the age of 8, that she is afraid of thunderstorms, like Suki, her mother. So I had two dogs trying to get under and behind me on the sofa for about 20 minutes... it was funny to me, but I'm sure it wasn't to them. And I have library books due back today, so I'll need to swing by the main branch and drop off the nine books I've finished reading.

Yesterday the Longmont Dog Park held its first "Tripawd Party" - a gathering of three-legged dogs and their owners. It was quite a sight, with over 30 participants; the owners discussed the abilities of dogs with three, instead of four, legs, and urged folks to think of adopting a "tripawd" if one was available, as they are frequently passed over and then put down at Humane Societies and adoption places. ... The CU students (and their parents) came back to town this weekend. The first I knew of it was when I tried to get cash at the credit union ATM, and was informed that the machine was out of money. That always comes as a surprise to me. I ought to remember when there were no ATMs around! And then there were tremendous crowds and lines at Target and at the grocery store. ... I am thoroughly enjoying reading the Egyptian series that Wibur Smith penned - I'm around page 400 of the third book, Warlock. I plan on vacuuming and mopping and waxing the floor in my apartment during the next two weeks - the kits won't know what to do! (But I'll let them seek asylum outside when I'm vacuuming!) ... One of the Snow nephews, Tim, is celebrating his graduation from Colorado State U this Saturday, and I've been invited to attend the afternoon festivities. Kathy and Jim, and Grandma Anne are going, and I received a special invite from Tim's mom, Laura, last night. ... Have a good week, my friends!

No comments: