Saturday, August 15, 2009

Not Much...

We didn't reach 80 degrees yesterday, but it's nearly that warm already today. We're supposed to top out around 87, which is the average high for this time of year. It started out very cloudy this morning, but the clouds have broken up and the sun is now shining. Banichi is partially in my lap and partially on the desk; and Lovey just came running in through the patio door. I was looking forward to watching the first pre-season game of the Broncos' last night... and I developed a migraine that became so intense that I had to go to bed at the beginning of the third quarter. I saw Orton, the new QB, toss three interceptions; I saw Dre Bly, whom the Broncos released, catch one of those interceptions for the 49ers; I missed Ebenezer Ekuban in the defensive line; and I wanted Jake Plummer to return (yes, I said Jake Plummer - the QB before Jay Cutler, who is a whiny little brat and is playing for the Bears this year). Or, hey, Tim Tebow, the Broncos need a man with a good arm and a good head on his shoulders!!

Suki and Boo were exemplary kids last night and this morning. Lovey and Banichi are being super, knowing that I'm slowly recovering from my headache. Today is the Pike's Peak Ascent race, and tomorrow is the marathon - Jim is running in both, with Kathy there to cheer him on. And yesterday was their 28th wedding anniversary... I wished them many happy returns. Have a super weekend! - Will post photos later today.

No comments: