Friday, August 14, 2009

Invitation to Ride...

It's Friday. I am home. Lovey decided that we needed to get up at 3:25 this morning, and was quite disgusted when I said , "No." Banichi was curled up on top of my head on the pillow at the time. I've taken my walk, and grabbed a fresh bagel for breakfast; the kits have been fed, litter boxes cleaned, and the kits are outside enjoying this overcast morning. More snow is visible up on the peaks to the west, and there is a nice cool breeze blowing down from the mountains. While walking Walt and Sophie yesterday, I ran into Ann and Marty, whom I've met before in the neighborhood. It turns out that the ladies haven't taken a vacation in over 15 years because they can't find someone to take care of their two dogs, three cats, and two horses. I have a standing invitation to come over and ride anytime I feel like it, and they have a guarantee that I'll take good care of all the critters whenever they decide to go on vacation. (Yahoo!!) I'll go walk Rosie and Remy this morning, and then I'll come back home to the kits. Kathy and Jim are supposed to call me before they leave for Colorado Springs, and then I'll head over to their house to care for Suki and Boo until sometime Monday. We did not cool off much last night, and I ran the fan all night long... it's currently 70 outside and the humidity is 80%.

Miscellany: I'm rooting for Tiger in this weekend's golf tournament (and he's in the lead after the first day). ... I'm amazed that the Philadelphia Eagles have signed Michael Vick to a 2 year contract. ... I am looking forward to checking out all the new blood on the Broncos roster this evening. ... I'm planning on having the red kids visit the white kids this weekend - we'll have an afternoon of doggy day-care. ... And I can't wait to "sleep in" on Sunday - I'll get up and feed the girls at 6, put them out into their kennel, and then go back to bed and luxuriate in not having to get up at any specific time! ... Here's wishing you a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend! And don't forget that admission into all national parks is FREE this weekend!

No comments: