Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stuttering Addendum

That stutter of "Tuesday" was deliberate. Today is the first day of classes for middle and high school today... when I was in elementary school, I had to take speech therapy classes for 3 years due to a stutter, a lisp, and the inability to pronounce the sound of an 'r'. Now I stammer because the words won't come out fast enough, or I can't think of the correct word; my lisp has turned into an extremely sibilant ssss, usually whistling; and I can roll my rrrr's without problem, but now I can't come out with the French pronounciation of 'r'. My dentist had wanted to "clip" my tongue as a child, so it wouldn't push against my front teeth ... I'm glad Mom and Dad said NO to that!

Anyway, I had a nice walk with the red kids this morning - and, as I stepped down from the bus, a DoW worker was updating the last mountain lion sighting date to yesterday morning there at 19th and Riverside. I walked east on Riverside, and before coming to my left turn onto the Lane, I saw two red fox in the bushes. Once I turned, there were two squirrels sitting in the road, eating china berries; and about 150 feet away were an 8- and a 10-point buck. I hit the jackpot on wildlife this morning!

No comments: