Tuesday, August 18, 2009

T-t-t-tuesday

Since returning home yesterday, I have gone through the front door 4 times. Three of those times, Lovey ran from inside the apartment out into the hall and then proceeded to chat with me at the top of her lung capacity. Then, last night, I was sitting here at the computer with the patio door open and I heard a familiar wail (Lovey), but it seemed to be coming from quite a distance away. It was not that far, but it seems Lovey had discovered how to go around the building, enter the lobby and hall through the front doors, and there she was... sitting before the front door, howling for me at the top of her lungs. - Talk about embarrassing situations caused by children! - And a few minutes ago, I realized that Lovey was sitting on top of the cat tree and seemed to be fascinated with staring at me - I glanced over my shoulder and spotted Gimpy, the squirrel, sitting on my pillow, watching me type and glancing at Lovey. I immediately put some peanuts down for Gimpy and he happily went over to the patio door and stuffed himself.

While they were not felt here in Boulder, there was an earthquake Sunday night and last night here in Colorado. Sunday night's was 3.9 on the Richter scale, and occurred in the southeast corner of the state, near Kiowa out on the plains; last night's quake was 3.7 and occurred on the western slope, about a 125 miles west of Fort Collins. There have been no reports of damage, but seismologists say that we might have a few more quakes that may be spread out all over the state, as one of our larger faults settles a bit. ... Jim ran the Pike's peak double, but was not pleased with his times - on Saturday, for the Ascent run, he ran the 26.2 miles in 4 hours and 41 minutes; he took 5 hours and 4 minutes on Sunday. - Heck, if I can run at all when I'm 65, I'll be happy! ... Lovey and Banichi seem to be ecstatic that I spent yesterday afternoon and all of last night with them. I have been loved to death this morning by both kits; hopefully, our love affair will continue for the next two weeks! Take care... and I'll post photos later - have to go walk the red kids now!

No comments: