Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow and Mist on the Mountains

There was snow on the ground this morning, but it's already gone. The mountains are being kissed with low-hanging clouds and mist even now - and I'm pretty sure it's snowing up there. I saw that the mid-Atlantic is expecting to get about 20 inches of the white stuff ... we're supposed to get about 6 to 8 inches Sunday through Monday here. Gimpy came and rattled the door this morning - I put out a bunch of Multi-grain Cheerios, but then he came inside and explored all the usual places I put nuts down for him, so I gave him a large handful. He sat and ate the nuts and made the lesser guys eat the Cheerios... He certainly had a good time "lording" it over the younger, smaller squirrels. Lovey and Banichi were upset that he came inside (he hasn't been in for a while), but, after I told them it was OK, they ignored him, or tried to, anyway.
I don't know why, but I was surprised to find out that the actor, Richard Boone was a seventh generation nephew of Daniel Boone... That means he was a very distant cousin of my husband's. And I had to laugh when I found out that Time Magazine had published his measurements (chest, waist and hips) in an article from 1959... My, my... I guess it was a result of the guys wanting to know all the starlets measurements at the time. I've read all the Mississippi Delta - Sarah Booth Delaney mystery novels now; and I'm setting out on the authors other books now - I still have 7 new books to read. But I want more. I'm turning back into a reading machine, and that has made my kits extremely happy. Hopefully I'll have my PC back on Monday.... Have a super weekend. Go Colts!!

No comments: