Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

Gosh, it's already February! My PC hard drive is currently at the computer emergency room, being de-bugged. I hope to have it back, up, and working by next Monday... (cross your fingers, please). I have read everything Lillian Stewart Carl has on offer at our public library, plus three of her other novels - I can't wait to have my own copies of all of them... The fourth Jean Fairbairn and Alasdair Cameron mystery is set in Colonial Williamsburg - and it was wonderful to read. Now I'm ready and waiting for the next novel, The Blue Hackle. I've also been thoroughly enjoying the books written by Carolyn Haines - I finished her fifth book yesterday morning, read all of her sixth yesterday afternoon and evening, and started on the seventh (reading six chapters) before I turned out my reading light. Oh, it's nice to find a new author you enjoy reading!!
The kits are doing fine. Lovey spent 10 minutes this morning chasing her tail in the bathtub - I got dizzy just watching her... Banichi is being a big smoochy boy - curling up as tight as he can next to me in bed. And they are enjoying their twice a day play outside time - I know there's a new dog in the complex, and I'm afraid it is chasing the squirrels and keeping them away... I miss Gimpy greeting me every morning! Suki and Boo are doing fine; and today Remy and Rosie and I ran into three different dogs, including arch-rival Brio, and other than one small growl (from Rosie), they were perfectly behaved! I was very happy. We also saw Aiko and Yoshi, Archie and Veronica; and saw Brandi, Tippie and Lizzie in their yards. It was a very nice, refreshing stroll this morning. And yesterday, a male fox trotted across the street about 40 feet away from the Rs and me - they did bark at him!
As soon as I get my PC back and running, I'll be back to posting (including photos) on a daily basis. Take care!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Betts, when are you scheduling a trip to Alabama. I need a critter sitter--10 cats, 6 dogs, 7 horses, most of them rescue animals. Your love of all animals tells me my four-legged family would be safe with you.

And I'm glad you're enjoying my books.

Carolyn Haines

Lillian Stewart Carl said...

Your animal stories are great -- keep them coming!

And thank you very much for your positive comments on my books.