Sunday, April 25, 2010

Off Again

One of my clients has had a family emergency, so I am off to Aiko and Yoshi's house as soon as I get this posted. I'll be there for two nights, come home for one, and then back at the little boys' Wednesday thru Saturday. I spent Friday evening and yesterday confirming dates and places in Mom's family tree; and yesterday, one of Gimpy's kids showed up for a meal of nuts and rattled the door until I let her in. Lovey has been stuck to me like glue - it's going to be tough leaving her behind this morning.
Calvin Borel won five races yesterday, the opening day of the meet, at Churchill Downs. His fifth win was aboard Hurricane Ike in the Derby Trial. Ike may be pointed to The Preakness for his next race. Borel won the Derby in 2007 on Street Sense, and in 2009 on Mine That Bird; this year he is scheduled to ride my personal favorite (so far, anyway), Super Saver. Super Saver is one of the many Todd Pletcher hopefuls that are pointed at the Derby on May 1; one of the others is Devil May Care, the only filly that has been named as a possibility in running against the boys this year. Super Saver is by Maria's Mon, out of an AP Indy mare; Devil May Care is by Malibu Moon, out of a Red Ransom mare. - Eskendereya, the Derby favorite, has been scratched from the race, due to a swelling in his left foreleg after a light morning workout.
Denver is still bubbling over the Broncos drafting Tim Tebow. I had to laugh tonight when the local sports coverage included an interview with Garth Brooks opining about the impact of Tebow being a team member of the Broncos. (By the way, the opinion was positive.)
And, many thanks for you call last night, Kathryn. You were my personal lighthouse for the night.

No comments: