Sunday, May 23, 2010

Almost Serene Sunday

It's beautiful out. I've been doing research on tulips and irises, as well as the Chincoteague family tree. Once I finish this blog, I'll take Steve and Indi out for a nice long stroll - since Indi has blown out two knees and one hock, we do stroll. Laura has never seen her front garden in bloom, so I have been taking photos while she's gone. And I wonder if she and Cory saw that swaying bridge over the river in Russia (it was on the news) - after showing the bridge, the camera panned out into the river and showed a Viking Lines-type cruise ship. The only problems I know she and Cory have had is with their e-mail access.... Kathy and Jim and a friend, a chiropractor, are coming over for dinner and a movie tonight. It should prove to be an interesting time. (No, this is not a date set-up for me - Jane and Kathy barter services with each other.)
I have thought for the past year that the only way Sarah Palin could frighten me would be if she got into a national office. She proved me wrong yesterday. On a GOP visit to Denver, she made the quip that she would probably start cheering for the Broncos - because she liked the out-spokeness of rookie recruit Tim Tebow regarding his Christianity. That scared the be-jesus out of me. My first thought was: "Run, Tim, run!! She will eat you alive! And her religious views are a little skewed, too!"

No comments: