Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Nice Morning

I slept Friday night without any covers over me - no sheet, nothing. Yesterday evening, just in time for the Veteran's Memorial Arch to be dedicated, we had rain, thunder, and lightning. When I crawled into bed with Lovey last night, I pulled up the sheet, bedspread, and then added my afghan. It's 58 degrees outside now; I have the window and the patio door open, and Lovey is sunning herself on the concrete outside. When I walked to the bakery and back this morning, people coming out of the Millennium Harvest House were staring at me. I guess it was because I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt, while they were bundled up in long pants and jackets over turtleneck sweaters. It's going to be in the mid-70s this afternoon - what I consider to be perfect weather, after a night in the mid-40s. And we're expecting mid-80s tomorrow for Memorial Day. I might post a photo or two tomorrow, but I don't think I'll actually write anything in my blog. I'll be contemplating those who have defended this soil for the past 500 years.
Lovey seems to be happy to be home, even though Riley, the Shar Pei, has moved upstairs. He and Keith now have a much larger apartment, but Riley still believes that "home" is two doors down from my place. Birds are singing outside and a light breeze is blowing. Lovey is now in my lap, purring. All is well.

No comments: