Saturday, May 22, 2010

Books and Dogs

It's not yet 9 a.m. here, but the temperature is in the mid-70s and the humidity is all of 8%. The wind is blowing at 22 mph, and we are expecting gusts of up to 50 mph this afternoon. I got up earlier than usual (at 5), and watered the flower garden so it wouldn't lose too much moisture, as the fence protects it, and it doesn't get full sun until afternoon. Then I made blueberry pancakes, walked Indi and Steve, then fed and loved and brushed them. I finished reading the fourth Dixie Hemingway, pet sitter, mystery by Blaize Clement yesterday, and e-mailed her an appreciative comment - and was surprised to receive a nice letter in return this morning. The fifth book in the series is also out, and I highly recommend all of them. They are set on Siesta Key, near Sarasota, and are very well written. Now I'm back reading Ann Ripley's mystery series about organic gardening.
Not much else is going on here - Steve and Indi take a lot of time and loving, a lot of grooming and teeth-brushing, and are very good companions. They are very high-energy dogs, like Boo and Rosie, Lucy and Pepper. Sometimes just looking at them makes me feel tired - but they are such happy critters that I can't deny them fun and games and much more exercise (on my part). I know I've lost 4 pounds in the last week .....

No comments: