Friday, May 7, 2010

Graduation Day Snow

Today is Graduation Day for over 5,000 University of Colorado students. The sun is shining brightly, the temperatures are in the upper 30s, and there is two inches of snow on the grass in the backyard. Graduation exercises begin at 8:30 this morning at Folsom Field, a block and a half down the road from my apartment. I hope that people attending the festivities brought waterproof items to sit on - the seats will be extremely cold and very wet. Because of the snow, there have been a slew of car accidents on the roads leading into Boulder; and traffic on most major roads is barely creeping. Thank goodness, even though I'm using the bus system, my routes don't cross any major roads leading into Folsom Field - I get to go in the opposite direction. I have to pick up my refills of Atenolol and Prozac this morning, too; I'll do that on the way to the Rs house.
Lovey wasn't happy with the rain yesterday evening, and she's definitely unhappy with this morning's snow. Lovey and I will spend tomorrow night with Suki and Boo, as Jim is running in a marathon on Sunday. Then we'll have three nights at home before the great adventure in Niwot begins. I had to pause when channel 9 showed their "Pet of the Day" yesterday - it was a young male orange tabby, who was extremely playful. He was so cute. But it's still too soon to replace the Neech-mon for me.
Most horses who ran in the Kentucky Derby have started exercising again. Today was Super Saver's second visit to the track; Lookin at Lucky, Conveyance and Dublin have worked. Ice Box, who ran second, is being pointed at the Belmont, skipping the Preakness. And Awesome Again, who finished 19th, turned up lame the day after the Derby - I have to to read his diagnosis and/or prognosis.

No comments: