Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Kathy picked us up at 2 and we were settled in her house within 30 minutes. Lovey has had a ball playing in the backyard and pestering Boo. I also brought Remy and Rosie over for 90 minutes of romping (but kept Lovey inside). I received an e-mail from Leslie yesterday asking me to break up any fox-cat confrontations that I observe in the future. It seems that mama fox has moved three kits in, under Leslie's gardening shed, so Bandit and Mollie will be on a curfew for a while. There are plenty of prints around the den on the other side of Kathy and Jim's fence, but there has been no addition to the glove and shoe collection recently. ... The Preakness is six days away; it doesn't seem possible. ... Not much else going on here: supposed to be in the low 70s today, but then another cold front comes through, and we're expecting snow on Wednesday. I think Mother Nature has forgotten the calendar says "May."

No comments: