Friday, May 28, 2010

Hot...

The heat in Colorado is, at least, dry heat, not the humidity-laden muggy, wet blanket that a person finds in coastal states. That being said, I'm going to whine. The average high temperature for today is 73 degrees. We are expected to see 93. After all the rain and hail we've had lately, this will come as a shock to our system. At 6:45 this morning, as I was walking Indi and Steve, I ran into a neighbor who was already complaining because it was 64 degrees with 53% humidity. I really wanted to laugh at him, but didn't. Colorado is a state of extremes, and folks living here should be, or get, used to that fact. Steve and Indi are super and sit and cock their heads from side to side when I tell them that Laura and Cory will be home this evening. I hope they understand. (And I will get to be at home with Lovey!)
Let's see, odds and ends: Abby Toll, who was convicted of felony animal abuse when she taped a Shiba Inu upside down to a refrigerator, has a new lawyer. She was supposed to be sentenced by the judge today, but he will announce a new sentencing date instead, as the new lawyer "needed time to read through the trial transcript." She just needs to be locked away from anything helpless - children and animals - in my opinion. .... Jockey Julian Leparoux's spinal injury will keep him out of the saddle for another 5 weeks. And, hopefully, Calvin Borel will be released from the hospital after treatment for his eye infection. Borel hopes to be back in the irons next week. .... As the college students leave town, there are more adoptable pets available to everyone. I've seen a few interesting guys that might get along with Lovey. And, finally, local schools are now out for the summer and kids will be swarming everywhere.
I hope you have a super Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: