Monday, May 10, 2010

Humidity - and Rosie

Gee, when I walked outside this morning, I thought I was back in Florida or Virginia. It was 50 degrees, and the humidity was 97%. Turning west, you couldn't see the mountains because of the fog and low-hanging clouds. We're expecting a high of 60 today, with rain beginning this evening, going through tomorrow, and changing to snow late Tuesday night. The weather folks say the Foothills (and Boulder is just at the edge of them) could get one to two feet of snow by Wednesday afternoon - and Wednesday afternoon is when I move out to Niwot (oh, joy). Lovey is running in and out, being heckled by a blue jay; and Gimpy's daughter has been by for peanuts. Suki will be twelve years old next month. She has developed a tremor in her left hind leg, and it gave way on her three times over the weekend, causing her to fall, and be embarrassed. I told Jim about it when he returned home yesterday. (And Jim took 3rd place in his age group - 65 to 69 years - in the marathon yesterday!)
I took the Rs out yesterday, and had to laugh at the story Joel and Nancy told me upon our return. I had delayed going over to grab the Rs until about 10:45. When I arrived, Rosie ran down the stairs and was excited to see me, while there was no sign of Remy. I grabbed the harnesses and called him. He trotted downstairs and seemed happy to go out. When I returned with the kids, Joel told me he had tried to take Rosie with him when he went shopping that morning - but she had refused. That is not like Rosie at all. She loves to go riding in the car... Joel even got her car harness and tried to put it on her, but she huddled up and wouldn't allow him to snap it on. It turns out that I arrived less than 5 minutes after Joel left - and Nancy and Joel (and I) are mystified as to how Rosie knew that I was on the way to take her and Remy out for a long walk and romp.

No comments: