Monday, May 3, 2010

Venting

It's Monday. The sun is shining brightly through my windows, and Lovey is soaking up sun on the edge of the patio. I'm trying to decide whether to wear my hat or sunglasses or both when I walk Remy and Rosie this morning. We had a black bear mama and cub in the North Boulder neighborhood where I usually house-sit this weekend. You can see their photos above. I hope to get a few good shots of the foxes and their kits during the next few months, also.
There is so much going on in the world - most of it bad - that I've been trying to ignore it. But ignoring it doesn't make it go away. I've been worried about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico since the fire and explosion were first reported. Now the spill is threatening ecologically frail marshes, wetlands, and coastal systems throughout the south. Since the announcement of the spill, I've thought about the Exxon Valdez accident off of Alaska; I am horrified that this nightmare is re-playing on a much larger scale once more. ... And the failed car bomb in Times Square in New York City - If you want to draw attention to a cause or a belief, do something other than trying to make a big boom. My suggestions? Go to the top of the Empire State Building and remove your clothes; chain yourself to the doors of the UN Building and remove your clothes; remove your clothes in the middle of Times Square.... Some people will look, others will laugh hysterically, some will call for the police. Tape your manifesto about your cause to your chest or genitals - that will guarantee some attention. If you want to blow something up, do it to yourself and yourself alone. Try not to pollute.
I'm finished venting for the day.

No comments: