Friday, August 6, 2010

Bits & Pieces

We've had several lightning and rain storms go through Boulder this afternoon... so far, everyone and everything is OK. I let Rosie and Remy lead me where they wanted to go today, so we wandered through quite a few neighborhoods, just following the dogs' noses. We played with Suki and Boo this afternoon, following my walk with Danny and Shama. I'll soon go over to see Tugger and Sasquatch and give them their supper and meds, as well as some love; then I'll head home to Lovey and Neddy for a couple of hours. The Rs family is supposed to arrive at Denver International around 4 tomorrow afternoon, and the Gs Mom and kids will arrive Saturday night. Starting Sunday morning, all I'll have to do is take care of Lovey and Neddy and Tugger and Sasquatch. I'll be home! - And after 3 weeks away, it will seem like a vacation.
It was interesting to see that Chincoteague was voted the Number One "Beach Town" by the AOL Travel Service - actually, I was pretty amazed.... An iceberg four times the size of Manhattan has broken off the Petersen Glacier in Greenland. It's the largest recorded ice calving ever seen. ... Tomorrow will see the running of the Whitney Handicap, the West Virginia Derby, and the Clement Hirsh Handicap; all three races should be exciting. And Franny Freud, a very promising 3-year-old filly, has been retired from racing after tearing her XYZ ligament in a morning gallop; she had raced 11 times with 8 wins and 2 seconds.

No comments: