Monday, August 2, 2010

Clean!!!

My apartment is absolutely, positively, sparkling clean. Well, the floor doesn't sparkle yet, but when I wax it next week, it will! I've already walked Rosie and Remy around Wonderland Lake this morning, besides watering the potted plants. We had a nice two hours of soft rain yesterday, which meant I didn't need to water the lawn. The kits are doing well - looking forward to going home, I think. I hope that I can return them to the apartment this afternoon - but, we'll see. It's up to the apartment management and the exterminators as to when they'll spray. It seems there have been complaints of roaches... I have a problem with India meal moths, and the kits eat most of the spiders. Other than that, the occasional earwig comes in under the sliding glass door - but I've never had a bug problem in my more than 4 years there.
Lookin at Lucky won the Haskell Invitational in grand style yesterday; and I was surprised when I saw how large First Dude is. I guess I had never seen him standing beside any other horses previously... Uptowncharleybrown had been the buzz name for an upset victory in the race, but he was scratched yesterday morning due to a fever. - And I was very happy to read that Dynaformer, the 25-year-old son of Roberto, is still getting almost 70% of his mares in foal. He is a very good stallion, and I wish him continued good health.

No comments: