Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is a Puzzlement

The clouds are wrapping around the peaks of the Front Range - it's been misty and quiet around and about. My rent check for August has not yet cleared my bank; I have not yet received a receipt for the month's rent; I called and left two messages on the apartment manager's telephone service last week (the office is open by appointment only); and I e-mailed them yesterday. As of this morning, my check has still not cleared. - But I haven't been contacted by management saying that my payment is missing. Is a puzzlement. I dropped off my rent check on Monday, 2 August, enclosed in a note to the management. I have told them via telephone and e-mail the check number, the amount, and when it was left with them. I informed them that if they had lost the check, I would be happy to write them another. They have not contacted me by telephone, e-mail, or in person. What the heck is going on?
The kids slept with me last night - one on either side - and the temperature dropped down to 52. It was nice having two purring, furry bodies with me. Today I am finishing up moving furniture and getting things back to normal after the great clean up. I'll put up my art work before the end of the month. Kathy came by and used the laundry facilities yesterday evening - their washing machine is still broken, but the dryer is working. Have a good week, folks!

No comments: