Monday, August 30, 2010

Large Toy Is MIA

I am very puzzled. One of Neddy's favorite toys is what I call his track-ball. Banichi used to love it. It is a rather large hard plastic toy - blue in color, with a color patterned (but mostly yellow) ball that fits into an outer circular track (and can be batted in either direction); along with three holes on the top, where another ball can be played with; and then there's a padded, cloth covered spring that spouts out of the center of the toy, and that has a catnip mouse on the top. It can be rather loud and irritating, as the hard plastic balls roll around on the hard plastic base - but it has always intrigued Neddy. As he plays with it, it can move great distances across the floor. He was playing with it around 2 a.m. Sunday morning, because I woke up and heard the ball rolling. The toy has mysteriously disappeared. The only place that I can think it might be is under the middle of the bed - I'll look there later. (It would have to be either upside down, or completely squashed to fit under the bed, though.) I know that it's not outside, or on any neighbors' patios, and it is not in my hallway, bathroom, closet, or under my desk or dining table. I just can't figure out where the little man has stashed it.
Both the Vikings and the Broncos won their weekend games, so I was very happy. Next week, they play each other, and I'll be rooting for both - I want Brett to do well, but I also want the Broncos to win. Either way, it should be a good game.
I've visited Skippy and walked the Rs. Have three loads of bed linens in the dryers in the laundry room at the moment. Then I'll take a nap before heading back to Skippy and the koi, and then a 7 p.m. meeting about walking a new client, a dog named Lucy, who lives on Topaz. No rest for the wicked!

No comments: