Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Own Bed Tonight

I get to sleep in my own bed tonight. You don't know how much the idea thrills me. Sunday I'll visit Sasquatch and Tugger twice, Monday I'll visit them in the morning and then walk Remy and Rosie. Then I'll be back at home with my kits until I walk the Rs again on Tuesday. I never thought I'd be so excited to be staying home with my kits. - Of course, I 'm just finishing up 3 weeks at two different houses, plus walking the Gs for the past two weeks, and I began taking care of S&T last night.
Neddy managed to get himself in trouble last night; I came home, fed him and Lovey, loved them both, cleaned the litter boxes, and then let them outside. The next thing I heard was Chokie, the next door neighbor, yelling, "No! Stop that! Get out of there!" I went outside immediately and found that Neddy had relieved himself in her large geranium pot. I apologized and offered to do anything needed for reparation, but she only asked if I felt safe letting the kids play outside after Banichi's death from poison. I told her that, no , I didn't feel safe, but I couldn't keep two long-legged cats penned up inside all the time - I felt they needed to be able to run and play in an open space. She just commented that Lovey has been much more bouncy and lively since I brought Neddy home to join the family. ... Neddy has just caught himself a huge grasshopper, and is playing with it under the desk. ... My next house-sitting job is at Kathy and Jim's, so I'll be moving the kids over there with me.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: