Sunday, August 15, 2010

Salt is Super!

I had my hair chopped yesterday - clippered up the back and above the ears, with two inches left on top - my usual Gibbs cut (from NCIS). It is so much cooler! The cut took 3 inches off all over, and I'm happy with the result. I wrapped Kathy and Jim's framed painting with 2.5 yards of pastel-printed butterfly cloth, and then securely tied it with four pastel ribbons. (Neddy was extremely happy and excited to help me with the ribbons.) Just before 6 p.m., I walked over to Sunflower, greeted Kathy, and passed on through the market to wait for her on the east side. When she got off work, she changed clothes and came out to join me; Jim had just arrived with the truck, so we climbed in and headed for Salt.
When we arrived, we found we had a 30 minute wait for a table (they only accept reservations for parties of 5 and over), so we walked back to the truck and they opened their card and gift. We had just moseyed back to the restaurant when the hostess came to us and had us seated. It was the beginning of a fine gastronomic experience. We were kept supplied with two types of freshly made bread (one white, one dark) and butter throughout the meal. To start, we had the Artisan Cheese Board, followed by our selected entrees, and then the dessert menu. Jim's tummy was just a bit off, so he declined ordering a dessert for himself (but he had finished my entree) - Kathy had the dark chocolate caramel tart with coffee and chocolate ribbed ice cream, while I had fresh Colorado peach cobbler with cornmeal and maple syrup streusel and a dollop of creme fraiche ice cream. Jim ate half of my dessert, and had several tastes of Kathy's. It was scrumptious!
I have all the kits' things together to go to Kathy ad Jim's this afternoon. I have my food packed, but not my clothes as yet. The kits are currently running in and out of the patio door, and I have the The Iron Sheriff playing on the TV. Our local CBS channel will carry the Broncos' game this afternoon, so I'll be able to see it. So it's off to the Snow house we go this afternoon. I hope your week is delightful!

No comments: