Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Voting in Colorado

More than 48% of registered voters in Boulder County cast their ballots yesterday in the state primary. I sort of laughed at my ballot; there were 15 races to vote on, and only 17 choices. The two races that had two contenders were for the US Senate seat, and for the county surveyor. The news was that the Tea Party Republican candidate, Dan Maes, won over US Representative Scott McInnis for the Governor nomination; and that Ken Buck beat incumbent Jane Norton. Ken Buck raised a lot of hackles (mine included) when he replied to a question with,"Why should you vote for me? You should vote for me because I don't wear high heels. I wear cowboy boots, and they're covered with Weld County bullshit." Michael Bennett, who was appointed to Ken Salazar's Senate seat, defeated Andrew Romanoff in the Democratic vote, even though Romanoff had the support of Bill Clinton. ... And if you live in Alachua County, Florida, I recommend the election of Carol Oyenarte for the School Board in District 5; she is a wonderful and smart person, and would make an excellent member of the School Board!
Rosie and Remy are visiting the groomers this morning, so I'll be taking them for a stroll this afternoon/evening. The kits are puzzled by the fact that I haven't gone anywhere this morning, other than taking out the trash and kitty litter clumps. Lovey is currently stretched out across my desk top, and I have my keyboard in my lap. Neddy has discovered an old rubber ball that neither Lovey nor Banichi were interested in - it's just the right size for him, and being made of soft rubber, he can hook his claws into it. It's been keeping him busy for hours. I'm defrosting the refrigerator/freezer this morning (it's over 20 years old), and will soon go down the hall and toss a couple of loads into the washing machines in the laundry. I didn't get the curtains done yesterday; that's the first load I'll carry down. Enjoy hump day!

No comments: