Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Aye-Yi-Yi-Yiiiii....

Sorry for the infrequency of my recent posts - I can't guarantee that I'll be any better until after December first, as I am staying at and caring for one house (with Lizzie and Maggie May), taking care of Ooch twice a day, taking care of Tugger and Sasquatch twice a day, walking Rosie and Remy, and trying to spend at least 3 hours a day with Lovey and Nedi. Thursday, is, of course, Thanksgiving and I'll be baking like mad tonight and tomorrow; and, to top things off, the abscess located in the nether regions of my anatomy has reappeared. I get to go visit the surgeon this afternoon. (Oh, boy!) There was snow here Sunday night, very light, but enough to cover the grass and make a dazzling scene when the sun rose Monday. Dhisana, the little kitten from Ohio, should be able to return home today; it's costing her owner $300 per day just for her to be in the animal hospital, not to mention her treatments, meds, etc. I hope to see her this evening. Thursday, we'll visit Fort Collins, and have the Snow family get-together for Thanksgiving - probably about 30 people this year (that's why I'll be baking like mad). I'm making fresh pumpkin bread, peach cobbler, and I need to come up with something that's gluten-free, also, as several family members can't stomach gluten. Kathy has to work until noon, and then we'll go straight up to Laura's house. Sarah and Mike will also be traveling with us, as their respective loves are heading home for the holiday.
Lovey and Nedi were ecstatic to see me, and have been running across the keyboard as I type. I fed them, cleaned their litter boxes, and then opened the patio door for them to go out and play for a short while. The weather folks are now calling for snow showers tomorrow, and a high on turkey day of 28 degrees. It'll be interesting. Nedi has turned into a little lover. He wants to be petted and made much over; his special treat is having his chin scratched. Lovey is her usual self - running around like a maniac and she's found a cat several patios down that she now terrorizes through the glass door. She's getting to be a menace. I want her to be nice.
Lookin at Lucky, who won the Preakness this year, has been retired to Ashford Stud. Both he and Blame (who gave Zenyatta her only defeat) will begin their careers at a price of $35,000 each for a cover. Calvin Borel was in a nasty racing accident two days ago; his filly fell and then another horse stepped on his face. He has a large cut on his chin, and his jaw was broken (cleanly on the right side, with multiple fractures on the left). He won't be cleared to ride again until sometime in December.
If I don't blog before then.... I hope that each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: