Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

Turns out that I'm still ill. I tried to walk over to Sunflower Monday afternoon and just about passed out. I barely made it back to my apartment. Yesterday, I visited with Tessa and Lilly's Mom, then walked the Rs. Got caught walking west into the wind blowing rain and sleet to the east. Spent 9 hours in bed afterward. I got up for 2 hours and then slept again for 8. Something isn't right with my system. I see my GP tomorrow morning at 8:20, and then my therapist at 2. Hopefully, we can figure out what exactly is going on with my body. I hate feeling as if I can't go outside for more than 5 minutes!
There was actual frost on the ground in the back yard this morning - of course, it was 23 degrees outside, and there had been all that rain and sleet yesterday. It's supposed to start snowing tonight, with an expected 3 to 5 inches falling in total. Grabbing the buses tomorrow for both appointments will be interesting - especially as the battery in my watch has died. I guess I'll be carrying my alarm clock in my pocket again, for a while. Both Kathy and Jim are ill, also. Jim's voice last night was hoarse and his throat sounded scratchy. He told me only that Kathy was pretty sick, too.
The only bright thing that occurred yesterday was that MSNBC reinstated Keith Olbermann to his regular show. He was suspended without pay for "an indefinite period of time" Friday morning, when MSNBC management learned that Keith had made three campaign donations. MSNBC only allows journalists to make political donations if they get prior approval from the management. What a crock! Mr. Olbermann did not urge anyone to vote for any specific candidate; the three people to whom he made donations do not even live in the same state where he lives. I was one of 300,000+ people who signed a petition to get Keith reinstated. I will not watch Countdown if Keith is not on... period.
The kits and I are going to go back to bed and cuddle and nap some more. Take care!

No comments: