Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

We had a light snowfall yesterday afternoon - just enough to cover the grass and make things slippery. I enjoyed my 3 hours with my kits yesterday, and am once again enjoying their company and love. Then I need to head back to Tessa and Lilly's for the night. Lilly spent much of yesterday afternoon and evening in my lap, and then she slept curled up against my legs, as Lovey does. It was very comforting. Tessa went out for a potty break yesterday evening and stayed out for 10 minutes, not coming when I called her. I was about to slip on my jacket and shoes and head out back when I saw her eyes gleaming at the back door... I'm thankful that she returned, as I am not entirely familiar with the acre-sized back yard, which has several nooks and crannies - and I couldn't get the flashlight to work.... Oh, well... It all ended well. I did have to laugh at one thing - I purchased a lattice-top pie at the bakery on Friday that was labeled "Apple Pie - no sugar." It wasn't until late last night that I finally realized I was eating a peach pie, not an apple pie. I guess it's a good thing I like a peach pie as much as I like an apple one. Tessa and Lilly's Mom informed me yesterday that she is bringing a 6-month-old kitten home with her from Ohio, and she wants me to help her acclimate the kitten to the new house, and help Tessa and Lilly accept the new kitten. It should be interesting - and she's asked me to visit both Monday and Tuesday evenings, with Wednesday possibly added. We'll see.
I won't arrive home for the kits until tomorrow afternoon - I'll spend the night with Lilly and Tessa, and then walk Rosie and Remy. I'll wait at the Thore house until the new kitten arrives, and then I'll head home for a few hours; then head back for the evening. I'm sure that Lovey and Nedi will be distraught, thinking that I'm spending the night away again, so I'm going to make certain that Lovey (especially) sees the alarm clock is on the night stand.
The doctor told me Thursday that I'm over-doing things, and that I haven't recovered from the food poisoning plus the infection plus the 2+ weeks of antibiotics. I'm trying to be more choosy about what I do and when I do it - but I don't realize that I'm pushing myself until I feel ill again. Other than that, she took more blood for tests and said she'd let me know if the results were unusual. Hopefully, I'll start getting stronger again. - Just as a throw away fact, it was 17 degrees here this morning, and is now 32. We're expecting a rain/snow mix tomorrow, and then clearing with highs in the mid 50s. Hurray! It's back to "normal" Colorado weather...

No comments: