Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Fuddy-Duddy?

Today, a youngster in a department store told me that I was "a fuddy-duddy" because I didn't recognize the name of a singer. I just looked "fuddy-duddy" up, and its definition is: an old-fashioned, unimaginative, conservative, fussy person. Now, I might be awfully old-fashioned in some of my views, but I am a very liberal person, and there's no way I can be described as unimaginative. I admit that in some ways, I'm fussy; I like to make sure of any documentation regarding family trees and/or historical research. But, old-fashioned, just because I don't know the names of the latest teeny-bop and reality TV show "stars?" Give me a break! I readily admit that the shows I watch on TV are (1) the local news for the weather forecast, (2) Jeopardy!, (3) the last half of Countdown with Keith Olbermann, and (4) NCIS. So that's 30 minutes of NBC, 30 minutes of ABC, 30 minutes of MSNBC, and 60 minutes of CBS. - Maybe I am a fuddy-duddy, because that accusation has gotten under my skin a bit. In any event, I like not having to know what who said to who when, etc all the time. I couldn't care less. That's why I don't have a cell phone, iPod, Blackberry, iPad, etc. I do not want to be connected to today's frenetic world.
I have already walked Tessa, played with Lilly and Lyra, and I searched for Dhisana, but never saw her. When I let my kits out this morning, I was surprised to have them run back inside, followed by a large dog muzzle that, luckily, the door didn't open to. It seems my neighbor has adopted a large dog, and ties it on a very long rope on his patio or to the aspen trees by the back fence. I now have to check and see if it's clear to turn my kits out. - But maybe Lovey will learn that it is not nice to be on the end of bullying....

No comments: