Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lovey's Mail

Lovey, my cat, often gets mail. My telephone listing is in her name - her true name, Leofgifu - and I can tell who the phone company sells their client list to by seeing Lovey's mail. She frequently gets invitations to start a new checking or savings account from banks. Last summer, she received a partially completed form for her to attend college. (I must say that I was impressed to see that the college had researched her name, and that the piece was sent to "Ms. Leofgifu G. Devine.") Yesterday, Lovey received a Blue Sky Card from American Express. I just had to laugh out loud.... I can picture us going out to eat, and having the cat give the waiter an AmEx card for payment. - I guess I have a really warped sense of humor..... And, of course, I can always screen my calls, because if someone calls and asks for "Leo," I know that they have no idea who they're speaking to or asking for.
It's 21 degrees outside, and the kits are sitting in the sun on the patio. The sun is shining brightly on the remains of yesterday's inch-and-a-half of snow, and it is quickly melting. I just had my hair cut, and during my shower this morning I found that my abscess has returned. (What a wonderful Christmas present!! - Not!!) I have decided to treat myself - with the load of houses and pets that I've committed to care for during the next week, I've rented a car for a week. That way, I'll be able to zoom around to some of my out-of-the-clients without it taking up hours of time on the bus and walking. I have the money needed, and I feel that I am worth it since it's cold and windy - and because my butt hurts!

No comments: