Monday, December 20, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight

If you're in an area without clouds, late tonight (in some places early tomorrow morning) a complete eclipse of the moon will occur. You can see it without any aids (unless you wear glasses, like me), but it will also be a super view if you use binoculars (field glasses) or a small telescope. Much more information (and the local times) can be found at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40740568/ns/technology_and_science-space/
Having fed and watered the Chandler chickens and rooster this morning, I have named the rooster "Topgallant Charley." Now I need to figure out the hens' names - two white, three black, and three red. Rosie and Remy were very happy to see me this a.m., and we went outside to harness up before leaving. Mona, my nephew's part pit-bull, is staying at the Snow house for a few days. She is not adapting well to having other dogs in the house. She has attacked Boo twice while inside, and now Boo runs when she sees Mona. The red kids met Mona through the fence this morning - Mona being in the west end kennel area, with Suki, Boo, Rosie and Remy in the back yard. Mona's hackles were up from the base of her nose to the tip of her tail. She is not a happy camper, poor thing. She's gorgeous - a rich red chestnut with black brindling all over her body - but she does not play well with other canines.
It's a little after noon, and 54 degrees outside. The kits are running in and out. The weather folks say that the wind will be picking up this afternoon, and that the night will be cloudy with possible snow showers after midnight. As the full lunar eclipse begins at 12:41 a.m. (MST), my chances of seeing the eclipse are very low. I'll be headed back to north Boulder this afternoon to put the chickens back in their coop for the night. Tomorrow afternoon, I pick up my rental car, and I add taking care of the Clark kits tomorrow evening, plus staying with Brandi tomorrow night. I'll be busy during the next week!

No comments: