Thursday, May 26, 2011

Half-Price Dog Adoptions!

The sun has just appeared from behind the clouds this morning - the kits are on the patio, and I have the door and window wide open (it's 52 degrees, but with all the glass in my east wall, it's much warmer inside). I just started re-reading Peter Bowen's first two Gabriel Du Pre mysteries. I do like his representations of the Metis people! And, I have to admit that I hoped I would win the lottery last night, but no one did, so this weekend's estimated amount is $187 million for PowerBall. I did receive an answer from the Allenspark stables; they are still conducting trail rides, even with the EHV-1 outbreak. They state this is due to a "closed herd" policy, and the fact that the trails they use are generally not used by other riders - so it looks like I'll be on horseback on June 9.
The Boulder Valley Humane Society is holding a half-price adoption "sale" for any dog that is 6 months old, or older. They currently have 53 dogs and puppies up for adoption, as well as 71 cats and kittens. If you can, please adopt a new friend. There is one wire-haired dachshund mix that is especially cute! Actually, if I had room, and the time, I would adopt about six of the dogs in a heartbeat - not to mention a dozen or so cats.....
Since Monday is the 33rd annual Bolder Boulder, that means it's also time for the 24th annual Boulder Creek Festival - held May 28th, 29th, and 30th this year. The Festival is free to the public and features something for everyone: 10 separate event areas with 500 vendors showcase everything from community arts and crafts to health alternatives and technology while five performance stages feature a spectrum of music and dance. The Festival also features carnival rides, food and beverage vendors, and the signature event: the Great Rubber Duck Race!

No comments: