Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hooray For Rain & Snow!

A combination of rain and fat, heavy snowflakes is falling outside. The sky is grey, it's 37 degrees out, and the kits are playing in the wetness. The skies clouded up last night while I was watching NCIS and the temperature started to drop after eleven. It was raining at 3 this morning, and when I arose at 6, we had the mixture falling. After several days in the 70s and 80s, the snow is melting upon contact with the ground and roadways. I've already gone out and purchased a few necessities so I can put together spaghetti and meat sauce for supper.
In doing some in depth reading regarding the Kiowa and Cheyenne this past weekend, I was surprised to find that most Native American males actually had facial hair. But it was removed on a daily basis with tweezers... Men removed their eyebrows, moustaches, and hair on their chins and cheeks. Sometimes a wife was allowed to help groom her husband, but usually males plucked themselves, or if they were bachelors, they assisted each other. I don't know why that was such a surprise to me, but it was.
Nedi just ran inside and shook like a dog. His long fur is standing up and out in bunches, as he is thoroughly wet. He's a funny little man. Lovey is currently sitting at my elbow, observing both my typing, and Nedi's (now frantic) grooming. She looks like Bast - so regal!

No comments: