Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

It was 41 degrees when I got up this morning; the high is supposed to be about 65. For me, this is terrific weather! Of course, it's supposed to rain and/or snow tonight, with showers possible for the next two days... but it's gorgeous outside at the moment! The kits are playing; I had a couple of crows follow me for three blocks when I was out walking earlier; and a baby squirrel ran across my foot before it scared itself. Boulder Creek is up a few inches from yesterday's level, but nothing to worry about at the moment. Looking forward to seeing Rosie and Remy and Lucy this morning. I'll also be taking the big, new water tub for the dogs over to Kathy and Jim's, plus loaning books out to three couples in the neighborhood. This Friday, I start taking care of Lynn's dog and cats and Alexy's two cats.... I'm planning on a pleasant weekend, other than my kits will be here at home, while I'm there, in north Boulder.
Back to horses... Battle of Hastings, who suffered a condylar fracture of hi right foreleg during a turf race on the Kentucky Derby undercard, has had surgery. Dr. Larry Bramlage, the famed Churchill Downs vet, said that the colt's prognosis is good. ... Archarcharch will be retired to stud following his recovery from his condylar fracture that happened during the Derby. When Dr. Bramlage was performing the surgery on Archarcharch, he discovered several other soft tissue injuries besides the break, and recommended retirement for the three-year-old. ... The Derby had a full gate of 20 this year, and it looks as if the Preakness will have a full gate of 14. It seems that 6 or 7 of the Derby contenders have expressed interest in running back in the Preakness, plus there are 13 other colts who are also looking to run. Participation will be decided upon earnings of the different horses, as with the Derby.

No comments: