Saturday, September 17, 2011

Assateague Beach Plans - Please Comment!

After agreeing to go out with the family to celebrate Jim's birthday a night early, a migraine attacked my left eye and temple.  I took meds and tried to cocoon myself in bed, but it got worse, so I had to call and cancel going out to dinner.  Then my tummy got upset - and it's still upset this morning.  I hate it when my whole body system decides to run amuck.   I spent last night with Miss Maggie May, and she slept at my feet.  She really does miss her "Mommy."  I keep telling her that Darcie will be back to love her Sunday night....   As soon as Lovey heard my key in the door this morning, she was talking at the top of her lungs.  I squeaked in through the door, and immediately picked her up and loved her, then Nedi, and then Mocha.  Then I fed them, opened the patio door, cleaned their potties, and gave them all fresh water.  They are all outside on the patio at the moment....

CU and CSU butt heads today at 11:30 in the Broncos' stadium in Denver.  UF is on CBS, and the Gamecocks are on ESPN2.  ....  A fan in Kentucky got ticked off that Coach Fox (of the Broncos) claimed not to have heard the chants of "Tebow" from the stands on Monday night.  He facebooked a bunch of buddies and raised $10,000 for two billboards in Denver, urging Fox to "Play Tebow!"  Fox claims he doesn't read billboards.  Tebow said he'd rather the fans give their money to a charity of their choice; and that he is content with Coach Fox's decisions.  Tebow said that he respects Coach Fox, and knows that he makes decisions for the good of the team as a whole.  He thanks the folks who support him, but said it's rather distracting when he's on the field and trying to learn the game that Fox coaches.

Ocean City, Maryland has certainly had a wild week.  They had a tornado run across 75th Street on Wednesday, and yesterday they had several water spouts, plus reports of two other tornadoes.  .... After Hurricane Irene redistributed the sands on Assateague, the US Government is looking for more citizen in-put on their long-term (General Management Plan) plans for Assateague and it's beaches.  Their plans may be seen, and commented upon, at:  http://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectHome.cfm?parkID=207&projectID=26140   The comment period has been extended to October 1, 2011.  If you have ever visited either the Maryland or Virginia section of Assateague Island, please give the government your thoughts on their future plans for this beautiful barrier island.

No comments: