Friday, September 9, 2011

Briefly...

I think Nedi's upset with me.  I took his English sparrow away from him, checked it over, and set it free, as it was just stunned and surprised.  Lovey brought me a large triangular-shaped bug - vaguely leaf-like- with grasshopper legs last night.  I turned that loose, too.  I don't know if the change in weather has brought on their hunting, or if it's just because I'm home more, and they are out more...  Rosie and Remy were super this morning - we had a brisk 4-mile walk, stopping twice for water and a wade in the creek.  It was still less than 65 degrees when I got back home this morning, but the humidity was at 75%, so I had ended up wiping my neck down 5 or 6 times (while walking the Rs) because I had sweat dripping off the ends of my hair and tickling my neck. 

I found out last night that the first new episode of NCIS will air on September 20.  And that Terry O'Quinn has joined the cast of Hawaii 5-O; apparently he will be playing "the man who taught McGarrett everything he knows."  It might prove to be interesting, so I guess I'll have to tune in for a couple of the new episodes.  I will probably watch Blue Bloods because I like Tom Selleck ....  I don't know of any new shows that are scheduled that look particularly interesting - perhaps Person of Interest, but that's the only one that's caught my eye so far.  -  I guess I'll just enjoy football, History International and PBS, plus the CBS series'. 

Tomorrow the Super Derby will be run at Louisiana Downs; there are 9 entries, and the purse is $500,000.  I think I'll be rooting for Trubs with jockey Shane Sellars aboard.  The race before the Super Derby is a mile race on the turf, for 2-year-olds, and is named the Sunday Silence Stakes. Eleven colts and one gelding will be carrying between 114 and 122 pounds each.  I'll be cheering for Easton Jack (by Dehere) and Gung Ho (by Kitten's Joy), who  both  carry 116 pounds.  -  Have a great weekend!

No comments: