Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Big Ears

It's overcast today, and still in the mid-60s outside.  I took Remy and Rosie on a 30-minute walk this morning because Remy didn't start eating again until yesterday afternoon.  Rosie, after being unable to put any weight on her paw Thursday and Friday, seemed to be perfectly fine by Saturday.  But Remy was still having dry heaves until late yesterday morning.  So we took a slow stroll around the neighborhood, and got a little of the activity that Rosie needed and all the activity that Remy needed.  They were both happy to return to the house and get their treats - but I feel sure Rosie would have easily walked more. Remy, however, doesn't like to be left at home alone, so they get equal walking time, together.

Lovey slept touching me all last night.  Nedi visited and wanted a rub and scratching several times while I was asleep.  Mocha stayed over by the desk and watched everybody else.  I wanted to close the patio bed and turn out the light, so I called for Lovey to come in around 9:30 last night - she didn't show up immediately, so I sat back down with a book.  When she arrived, she was talking with a "mush mouth," so I knew she had caught something - all I know is that it was small, furry, and crunchy, because she ate quite joyously on the door mat.  Nedi then followed her in, and I was able to close the door, finish the last chapter of Captiva, and turn out the light.  I also turned off all the fans - the first time I've done that since early June.

A Boulder coonhound has made it into the Guinness Book of World Records (2012 edition) for having the longest ears of any dog alive.  His right ear is 13.5 inches long, and his left ear is 12.25 inches long.  Harbor is the name of the black and tan coonhound, and his owner says that he used to trip over his own ears as a puppy - both walking on the flat and trying to climb stairs.  ....  Boo is doing much better after her radiation therapy - she acts as if nothing is wrong, but her leg gets a little tender around pain med time.  Suki is still chugging away - as she has to potty frequently, Kathy and Jim have put a doggie door in their room, just for her.   And Mona is still a ton of energy that just rolls around the house and yard. ....   Have a good week!

No comments: